- Your privacy and the protection of information which is personal to you is important to Visual Identity (Australia) Pty Ltd (A.C.N. 006 037 403) (“VI”).
- Information or an opinion about an identified individual or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not such information or opinion is true and whether or not the information or opinion is recorded in a material form, is “Personal Information”.
- Examples of Personal Information include an individual’s name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card and bank account details, along with information about enquiries that you have made, goods and services that you have ordered or which have been supplied to you, and communications between you and VI.
- VI is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) in relation to:
- collection of Personal Information;
- dealing with Personal Information;
- ensuring the integrity of Personal Information; and
- access to, and correction of, Personal Information.
B. Collection of personal information (APPs 3, 4 and 5)
- Although VI may collect Personal Information in other instances as well, examples of the purposes for which VI may collect Personal Information about you include:
- If you are a potential customer or client of VI, so as to enable VI to seek to secure your business as a customer or client and otherwise to retain your Personal Information for potential future business opportunities;
- If you are a customer or client of VI, so as to enable VI to properly administer the provision of goods and services to you and otherwise to retain your Personal Information for potential ongoing business opportunities; and
- If your Personal Information is provided to us by a third party, whether or not that third party is a customer or client of VI and whether or not your Personal Information is provided to VI in the course of VI performing services for that third party.
- If VI collects Personal Information from you directly, it is our policy to take reasonable steps to notify you of certain matters. VI does this at or before the time when we collect the Personal Information, or if not practicable then as soon as possible thereafter. The matters of which we notify you include:
- who we are and how we can be contacted;
- the purposes for which we are collecting your Personal Information;
- whether the collection is required or authorised by or under an Australian legislation or an order of a court or tribunal;
- who else may be given your Personal Information (and if they are located overseas, then where practicable details of the country where they are located); and
- If VI collects Personal Information about you from any third party, our policy is that we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the Personal Information collected and, if you may not be aware that we have collected the information, of the fact and circumstances of the collection.
C. Dealing with personal information (APPs 6, 7, 8 and 9), including use and disclosure
- You acknowledge and consent, by providing Personal Information to VI, that VI may use and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected or provided and also for any related purpose for which it would reasonably be expected to be used or disclosed, including but not limited to:
- carrying out or responding to your requests or enquiries;
- disclosure as required by law and to comply with VI’s legal obligations;
- provision of Personal Information to VI’s third-party service providers for the purposes of:
- assisting VI to provide and improve the provision of services to you and to other customers and clients;
- analysing trends and gaining a better understanding of the requirements of VI’s customers and clients; and,
- improving and marketing VI’s products and services to you and to other customers and clients;
- inclusion of Personal Information in any database compiled by VI (or provision to VI’s third-party service providers for inclusion in any database compiled by such service providers) for use in marketing and promotion of services and products;
- monitoring and improving the quality and standard of service provided by VI and to seek your feedback in relation to the standard of service provided by VI;
- provision of Personal Information to VI’s successors and assigns;
- any other purpose for which you have provided your consent; and
- as otherwise permitted under the relevant legislation.
- VI’s third-party service providers are companies or businesses which may provide assistance to VI in relation to marketing, technology, research and advice. If VI’s third-party service providers have access to your Personal Information then VI will request that they only use such Personal Information for the purposes for which it was supplied to them, but VI will not be held liable for any non-compliance with such request or for any breach of any obligation or legal requirement on the part of any third-party service provider.
- Except as provided above VI will not disclose your Personal Information without your consent.
D. Integrity of personal information (APPs 10 and 11), including security
- VI may hold and store Personal Information via a number of means, including electronic databases, email contact lists, and hardcopy files in drawers and cabinets. Paper files may also be archived and stored offsite in secure facilities.
- VI’s policy is to take reasonable steps to:
- ensure Personal Information which we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant; and
- protect Personal Information which we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- We secure the Personal Information which we hold via various steps and means, including encryption, firewalls, secure servers and secure ftp servers, anti-virus software, login and password protection, secured access to offices, and workplace training and policies.
- Although VI has measures to seek to protect the Personal Information and privacy of users of VI’s website at www.vi.com.au, VI cannot guarantee the security of any information disclosed by users online and information is disclosed online at your own risk.
- VI’s policy in relation to Personal Information which we hold and which is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected is to destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information, unless we are legally obliged to retain it for a period of time.
E. Access to, and correction of, personal information (APPs 12 and 13)
- You have the right to request access to the Personal Information that VI holds about you and to request that any errors be corrected. So that Personal Information is adequately protected, where necessary we may require you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests.
- VI’s policy is that we will provide access to your Personal Information to you, subject to certain exceptions permitted by law. Where practicable and reasonable for us to do so, we will provide access to such Personal Information in the manner that you have requested. We may at our discretion charge a reasonable fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating your Personal Information and providing it to you.
- VI’s policy is that we will take reasonable steps to correct Personal Information which we hold to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, such information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that your Personal Information held by VI is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you may contact VI and request that the Personal Information be updated or corrected.
- Please contact VI here to request access to your Personal Information, or to request that it be updated or corrected.
- If you have a complaint about VI’s collection or handling of your Personal Information, please contact us here and we will endeavour to deal with your complaint to your satisfaction as soon as possible.
- If you are not satisfied with the manner in which we deal with your complaint, you are able to refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or, in some instances, other regulatory bodies as permitted by law.